Staring

Staring



Mysti as The Mom

Tom as The Dad

Kaiya as The six-year-old

Morgan as The five-year-old

Evalyn and Viola as The twin three-year-olds

And Leah as The Cat

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The thing called a soul, the Dude and a slap in the face.

I was walking into the family room to read with Kaiya when I heard this behind me.

Kaiya whispering to no one that I could see: I have this thing called a soul, now shut your pie holes...




We had some friends over for a play date.  The mom is a single lady who had her daughter who is six on her own.  She has been divorced for about ten years.

Aliah, the friend: My mom was married.
Morgan, to the mom: What?! You found a dude?!
Cheryl, the mom: No no dudes for me.  They take too much work and time.




Evalyn was singing to me and drumming on a pillow.

Evey: La la lala la. La la lala la. La la lala la! La la lala la, to slap in the face..
She took the pillow and back handed me in the face with it as she sweetly sang "slap in the face".



Viola: I'm not a princess!
Mysti: That's fine, you don't have to be a princess.
Viola: I will never be a princess!
Mysti: OK then, that's fine.
Viola: No! Because I will be a Batman!



No comments:

Post a Comment