Staring

Staring



Mysti as The Mom

Tom as The Dad

Kaiya as The six-year-old

Morgan as The five-year-old

Evalyn and Viola as The twin three-year-olds

And Leah as The Cat

Thursday, October 3, 2013

I am a Velveteen Rabbit.

In many ways my life is full of magic and love.  I was given the gift of both last March.  My little Kaiya gave me both and for the first time in my life I became real.  She didn't even know that she did something magic and it made it even more special.

The day started out normal with one small change of my daughter waking up with a fever and having to stay home form school.  Like I do most mornings I turned on a show for my little girls to watch while I exercised on my elliptical.  After about a half hour she came in to talk to me and said that I was looking beautiful. (I wasn't looking beautiful at all.  I had been working out.  I was sweaty and was in worn out yoga pants and a sports bra. My hair was in a messy bun.  I had been having a hard time feeling good about myself at all for quite a while.)  I was stunned and stopped moving. Then she came over to me and gave me a hug.  Told me that I would always be beautiful because I am pretty on both the in side and outside and that the inside pretty is the most important kind of pretty.

I gave her a hug and told her that she was special and that I was so glad to have her in my life.  Then she went back to watch her movie and rest.  She didn't know that she had made me feel truly special and loved for the first time.  She didn't know that she had done magic.  Some day I will tell her about this when she is old enough to understand it.  Until then I will keep it in my heart and be glad every day that I am luck enough to know such an amazing person.    

No comments:

Post a Comment